Welcome to our media centre, here you will find our press releases, media library, facts and figures about Severn Trent Water, and contact details for our media team.
Are you a customer in need of assistance?
- Emergencies (24hrs)0800 783 4444
- Billing enquiries (8am – 8pm)03457 500 500
11th Jan 2016Winter is finally here, so are you ready?
We’ve had the warmest December since records began, but it looks like winter has finally decided to put in an appearance, as the Met Office is reporting freezing temperatures over the coming weeks. We're encouraging households across the Midlands to wrap up their water pipes in preparation for the frosty period.
- 11th Feb 2016Hear more about work to prevent sewer floodingSevern Trent’s plans to invest more than £1 million to prevent sewer flooding for residents in the Wetlands View, Newcastle-under-Lyme, will start later this month. Before work begins, the company is inviting local residents to a drop-in session to hear more about the plans.
- To further help protect customers in Worcestershire, Severn Trent is to deploy pumps in Bewdley later today.
- The rain and storms we’ve seen over the last few days, means we’ve had to deal with significantly more incidents of flooding that we would normally see at this time of year. We know that sewer flooding is one of the worst things that can happen to our customers and although this situation is challenging for us, we are working hard to do everything we can for those who have been affected.
- Following the heavy rainfall over the weekend, Severn Trent has deployed pumps in Worcester and in Upton upon Severn to help protect customers from the possibility of internal flooding.
- 7th Feb 2016Emergency sewer repairs completed a week earlySevern Trent has finished its emergency sewer repairs on the A514, Swarkestone Road in Derbyshire a week ahead of schedule, and has now reopened the road.