Are you a customer in need of assistance?
- Emergencies (24hrs)0800 783 4444
- Billing enquiries (8am – 8pm)03457 500 500
We aim to keep you informed about our work, performance and events here at Severn Trent. Use our news search to view stories by year or subject.
- Some customers may have discoloured water in WV2 and WV4
- On Monday (6 July), we'll start work on a project to install over a kilometre of brand new water pipes in and around the Newthorpe area of Nottingham. To make sure our customers’ taps and toilets keep working, we'll be investing £162,000 to replace them.
- 1st Jul 2015Water pressure improvement work in Wanlip endsWe're pleased to say that work to put in new water pipes in Wanlip, as part of a quarter of a million pound investment for Leicestershire, has been completed ahead of schedule.
- This morning some of our customers in the B29 area have reported that they have discoloured water, we are on the way to site to investigate the cause and get everything back to normal as quickly as possible. Water normally flows through mains at slow speeds (often less than walking pace), meaning that very fine particles can deposit & accumulate as sediment within the pipes. When the pipes are subjected to higher flows e.g. fire service activity, bursts and tankers being filled, the sediment can be disturbed. This causes the fine particles to be lifted into the supply again & the water to become discoloured.