Welcome to our media centre, here you will find our press releases, media library, facts and figures about Severn Trent Water, and contact details for our media team.
Are you a customer in need of assistance?
- Emergencies (24hrs)0800 783 4444
- Billing enquiries (8am – 8pm)03457 500 500
12th Aug 2014Seaside’s too far? Not if you visit Foremark reservoir
For many East Midlands residents, the nearest ‘real’ seaside is more than 120 miles drive. So, this Saturday (16 August), we're bringing all the fun of the coast to Foremark Reservoir – just a short drive from Burton upon Trent, Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.
- 20th Aug 2014Severn Trent to tunnel beneath the TrentWork is underway in fields off the Kelham Road (A617) to improve Nottinghamshire’s water supply. We're digging a tunnel to lay a large new water pipe beneath the River Trent. When complete, it will help to make sure that Kelham and Halam villages have a reliable water supply and allow new homes to be built in Newark.
- 15th Aug 2014Winnie and Tony to turn as new technology is testedWe’re pleased to say that we expect to start testing Winnie and Tony - Derby’s wind turbines - over the coming weeks. We are working very closely with East Midlands Airport to do this and they have let us know that we have a window of opportunity to test the turbines, safely. This is part of the development of an innovative new radar system, which will benefit the UK aviation and renewable energy industry.
- 14th Aug 2014Market Drayton’s ‘toy-lets’ blockedSomeone in Market Drayton has been throwing their toys out of the pram, or in this case...into the toilet, causing the sewers to be blocked.
- 13th Aug 2014Protecting homes from flooding in KingswinfordOur customers who live next to the Dawley Brook in Kingswinford are going to benefit from a £120,000 investment to protect their homes against flooding.