My Account

Help when you need it

The Big Difference Scheme

You could receive up to 90% off the average Severn Trent water bill through the Big Difference Scheme.

How to apply for the Big Difference Scheme

There are several ways you can apply for help from the Big Difference Scheme.

Call us on 0345 602 2777 and we’ll put you in touch with a Big Difference Scheme advisor. Alternatively you can apply directly through the Big Difference Scheme website, or you can contact Citizens Advice Coventry.

When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need to provide details of your overall household income.

You will need to share income details for every adult in your household either:

  • payslip(s), if employed, or
  • benefits statement, if you receive any benefits

Help with money

If you’re in debt or struggling to pay your bills, you can get help and support from many independent charities.


A national charity helping people when times get tough, Turn2Us provide financial support to help you get back on track. 


A debt charity helping people all over the country, StepChange are able to provide you with a range of debt solutions, no matter what you’re dealing with.

National Debtline

The National Debtline are a charity offering free advice to anyone who needs it. They’ll listen to your situation, work out a budget and guide you through your debt solutions.