My Supply

Connecting to water and sewers

Each year we connect around 15,000 new properties to our water and sewage networks. From new homes and commercial buildings, to blocks of flats and horse troughs, it’s our job to make sure every new connection is fit for purpose so you get your wonderful water on tap straight to your home.

Need help connecting?

Whatever kind of property you’re looking to develop, you’ll find all the information you need in our dedicated Building and Developing area.  There’s also a host of useful tools like a flow rate calculator along with all the latest water fittings regulations so you can make sure everything is connected correctly.

Already made alterations?

If you’ve altered your home, or plan to do so in the near future, it’s important you let us know. This way we can make sure our records are up to date and most importantly make sure you’re being billed correctly.

What do we consider to be an alteration?

You'll find what we consider to be a substantial alteration. If you're unsure, simply contact us and we can help.

  • One property has been split to form two or more separate properties.
  • Two or more properties have been combined to form one single property.
  • A change in property usage, for example, you home has now become a business premises.
  • The property has been demolished.

If you have altered your home (or are planning to do so), it is important that you let us know.

If you aren't named on Severn Trent Water bills to this property, we may contact you to provide evidence (such as a planning application) that you are acting on behalf of the tenant, landlord or owner.

If you're a business, and need to let us know about any changes to your property; just contact your retailer who'll be able to help and provide advice. If you're not sure who  your retailer is, just check your last bill. 

Most businesses and organisations in England can now choose which company they want to supply their retail water services

Is your home connected right?

If you think you’ve spotted a misconnection to our clean water or sewerage pipes,  or would like to report a pollution that you've spotted, then please contact us and we'll contact you for further information.

a digger and mud