What is the WaterSure Scheme?
WaterSure can help you if your income is low and you use a lot of water, which makes managing your account and payments difficult.
The scheme is for customers on a water meter who are receiving benefits and either have three or more children under 19, or a medical condition requiring the extra use of water. The checklists below will help you see if you qualify.
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit (other than the basic element of £547.50)
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
- Weeping skin disease (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
- Abdominal stoma
- Crohns disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Renal failure requiring home dialysis
- Any medical conditions requiring significant water use
If you want to remain on the scheme you need to confirm you’re still eligible by completing the online self declaration form. We may write to you from time to time to ask for documentary evidence. This is to make sure the WaterSure scheme is only available to those who meet the criteria.
In the event we find a customer has said they're eligible but this is no longer the case, we will take them off the scheme and bills will no longer be capped. We’ll backdate the new charges to the date they were last eligible for the scheme (the date we last received documentary evidence) and a new bill will be sent. If you're unsure about your renewal or have any questions please call us on 0800 085 4986 and we’ll be happy to help.
Was this helpful?