My Supply

blue pipe on a brick wall
If you've suffered a leak at home, you might be able to claim the cost back through the Leakage Allowance Scheme.

Leakage Allowance

If you've got a leak, you'll want to make sure you get it fixed quickly. Once the leak has been fixed, you may be entitled to make a leakage allowance claim to cover the cost of the escaped water on your bill.

Claiming back the cost of water lost during a leak

After you've had a leak, you may be able to claim back the cost of the lost water on a one-off basis. If you've successfully claimed the leakage allowance in the past, you won't be able to claim again.

There are some checks that we have to do before granting this allowance, and may need to visit you to confirm the location of the repair and gather information.

Leakage Allowance eligibility

If the leak was inside your home, or on private equipment like taps, toilets and boilers we don't give an allowance. Contact your household insurer to cover these kind of claims.

As business and commercial customers are no longer billed by us, you'll need to contact your retailer. They may offer a leakage allowance to you.  

If you think you’re entitled to a leakage allowance simply complete our online claim form. Please note, bills will still be sent to you during this period as we process the claim. You can continue to make payments, or wait until the claim is processed.

If you think you have a leak but can’t find it, let us help.

If your query is urgent call our 24-hour Customer Centre on 0800 783 4444.