My Supply


How to prevent, repair or report a leak or burst.

What to do if you have a leak or burst

If you have a leak or a burst pipe at home, you’ll need to take action to limit the damage it can cause. Here’s what you’ll need to do.

When you think you might have a leak at home

If you've got a leak at home, whether it's obvious or out of sight, the following steps will help you get it fixed.

Contact your insurer

You should also contact your insurer to see if your home or contents insurance covers you the costs of any damage and repairs.

How to turn your stop tap off

If you're experiencing a major leak or burst, you may need to switch your stop tap off, to temporarily stop your water supply.

Check that your stop tap works

Sometimes stop taps can seize up if they’re not used often. The last thing you want if you have a burst pipe is a stiff stop tap.

If the tap is stiff, you can usually loosen it up with some plumbers grease or lubricating spray.

If it’s still stiff after that and you’re unable to turn it off, contact a local WaterSafe plumber who can check the stop tap and repair it for you.

You can also contact our support team who will come and isolate your supply in an emergency if you’re unable to use the internal stop tap to turn off your water supply.