In My Area

Find an approved plumber

Things to consider when hiring a plumber

It's important to consider the work that needs doing when you hire a plumber. In some cases, it will be possible to simply repair a pipe, however in many cases, one leak can often be an indication that your pipe is in poor condition.

Your pipes can be decades old, and in some cases even over a century in age. If one section of pipes has had a problem, it's likely other sections will be a similar age and in a similar condition, so you may experience more problems in the future.

While the initial cost of a relay - replacing the damaged pipe with new pipes - is often more expensive, it could save you money in the long run if you were to have to keep paying for multiple repairs.

Find a plumber for work inside a property

WaterSafe is a national accreditation body that lists competent, qualified plumbers across the country. To be WaterSafe certified, a plumber must be NVQ qualified. Plumbers on this list will be able to deal with internal plumbing issues.

To find an approved plumber in your area, enter your post code in the search bar.

You can call WaterSafe on 0333 207 9030.

Find a plumber for exterior and underground work

WaterMark is Severn Trent's approved plumbers scheme. Plumbers on our WaterMark database are able to do exterior, underground work such as moling.

To ensure the highest standards, all WaterMark members have to demonstrate they have been suitably trained and that they have passed a water regulation assessment on their knowledge and application of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.

Find a WaterMark approved plumber

Enter your postcode to find a WaterMark approved plumber who works in your area.

If you’re a plumber and you’re interested in joining the WaterMark scheme, you can apply to become a WaterMark member and take part in our training courses.