WaterMark is the approved plumbers scheme for Severn Trent
Eligibility to join WaterMark
To ensure the highest standards, all applicants must:
- be able to demonstrate they are suitably qualified
- have passed a Water Regulations assessment on their knowledge and application of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
- have public liability insurance and where appropriate employer liability insurance
You don’t need to apply for WaterMark membership if you’re already a member of any of the following approval schemes or industry bodies:
- A Plus (Anglian Water)
- TAPS (Thames Water)
- WIAPS (administered by Water Regulations Advisory Scheme)
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers
- Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers Federation
Benefits of joining the scheme
Benefits of joining the WaterMark scheme include:
- Your business being listed on the Find a Plumber section of stwater.co.uk
- Reassurance for customers that you’re recognised within the industry
- Demonstrates that you have a good understanding of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
- Able to work with organisations that only choose to employ contractors that are members of an approved plumbers scheme
- Ability to issue customers with a certificate of compliance on completion, reducing the need for your work to be inspected
- No need to seek prior consent for some work
- Eligible for promotional offers made available by third parties
If you become a fully approved member, you’ll automatically be registered on WaterSafe, the national online register of approved plumber.
WaterMark membership types
There are different types of membership with in the WaterMark scheme, enabling professionals to carry out different types of work.
Apply to join the WaterMark approved plumber scheme
You can apply to join the WaterMark scheme by downloading and completing an application form for the type of membership you require.
After you download the relevant application form above, fill in your details and send it in to our WaterMark team.
You can submit your application by email, or by posting a completed form to:
Severn Trent, Water Fittings Dept
West Service Road, Raynesway
Derby DE21 7BE
Fees associated with joining WaterMark
A one-off, non-refundable joining fee of £100 will be charged in order to process your application.
An annual membership fee of £50 per company, per calendar year will then be charged.
Contact the team
If you have any quesions, you can call the team on 0345 266 7922.