Disconnections and reconnections
It's understandable that sometimes you may need to disconnect the water to your property. It's important to understand what options are available, so you pick the right one for you. This will help save money and cause you less stress. Both disconnection types are free, the cost will differ when you come to reconnect the water supply.
Here's what you need to know
- If you are disconnecting a business premises, you'll need to contact your retailer. They will then sumbit the request to us for you. If you're not sure who this is, check your last bill from them or find more information on the open market for businesses here.
- If your water supply pipes also provide water to another customer, we may have to separate the supply first. This will be at a cost to you.
- If someone is still living in the property, we won't be able to disconnect the water. As soon as the property is empty, we'll be able to carry out the disconnection for you.
- If you're applying to be permanently disconnection, we'll need written confirmation from the owner of the property.
- If you're a disconnecting a business property, you may still need to pay for the surface water charges. The rainwater will still be being removed and process from the property. Contact your retailer for more information.