Altering your property or supply

If you’ve altered your business premises, or plan to do so in the very near future, it’s important you let us know.
This way we can make sure our records are up-to-date and more importantly you’re being billed correctly.

What we consider an alteration

The following list covers what we would consider substantial alterations.

  • One property being split to form two or more separate properties;
  • Two or more properties being merged to form one single property;
  • A material change in property usage for example commercial premises becoming a household (or vice versa);
  • Work that either increases or decreases the size of your business premises (where planning permission is required);
  • The demolition of a property .

When you need new supplies

Extra demand on your water supplies can result in both a lack of pressure and supply issues, in addition to affecting cost.

That’s why it’s essential you contact our new connections team if you’re planning on splitting a property into two or more separate premises.

However, you don’t need to get in touch if the following applies:

  • Property is only being redecorated or refurbished;
  • Property is mixed (for example a shop and flat) where access to the above property is internal only.

If any of the above applies to you (and you don’t require a new connection and separate billable account), please complete our simple online form.  

Connecting to water and sewers 

Every year we connect thousands of new business properties to our water and sewage networks.

Ranging from commercial buildings to blocks of flats and horse troughs, it’s our job to make sure every new connection is fit for purpose.

Let us know about alterations

If you have altered your household or business premises (or are planning to do so), it is important that you let us know.

If you are not the individual named on Severn Trent Water bills to this property, we might contact you to provide evidence (such as a planning application) that you are acting on behalf of the tenant, landlord or owner.