Building and Developing
We know it can sometimes be confusing when you're trying to apply for the right connection because there are slight differences in our processes. We've split the most commonly asked questions into two sections - water and sewerage - to help you quickly find the answers to your questions you’re looking for.
- I am on a shared supply with my neighbour(s), can I separate it?
- I think I have a lead supply what shall I do?
- Can I connect a new property to next door's water pipe?
- Do I need to upgrade my existing supply?
- How much is it going to cost?
- What is a soil report and when do I need to supply one?
- What size connection do I need?
- Can I have the quote emailed or posted to me?
- Can I send the signed agreement via email?
- How do I lay my water pipe?
- What are infrastructure charges and why do I have to pay them?
- What do I need to do if there are no mains nearby to connect to?
- What is the difference between a foul sewer and a surface sewer
- Can I have a combined foul and surface water connection?
- How do I calculate my sewage flow rate?
- What is a soakway
- I have a manhole on my land, can I connect to it?
- Can I talk to someone before I submit and pay for my application?
- How will I know the location of the stop tap & meter?
- What is the difference between a direct and indirect connection?
- What type of connection can I use to connect to a public sewer?
- How much is it going to cost
- I am doing the work myself, do I need to supply a risk assessment and method statement?
- I have a public sewer on the site of my development, what do I need to do?