Building and Developing
We know it can sometimes be confusing when you're trying to apply for the right connection because there are slight differences in our processes. We've split the most commonly asked questions into two sections - water and sewerage - to help you quickly find the answers to your questions you’re looking for.
- I am on a shared supply with my neighbour(s), can I separate it?
- Can I have the quote emailed or posted to me?
- What do I need to do if there are no mains nearby to connect to?
- What size connection do I need?
- Can I send the signed agreement via email?
- How do I lay my water pipe?
- How long is my quote valid for?
- How do I arrange for my service pipe to be inspected?
- How long will it be before I get a quote?
- What is Traffic Management?
- Who can carry out work in third party land?
- Can I apply for a water and sewer connection at the same time?
- What is the difference between a foul sewer and a surface sewer
- Can I have a combined foul and surface water connection?
- How do I calculate my sewage flow rate?
- How much is it going to cost
- What is the difference between a direct and indirect connection?
- What type of connection can I use to connect to a public sewer?
- Can I talk to someone before I submit and pay for my application?
- How will I know the location of the stop tap & meter?
- Can I connect via backdrop?
- I am doing the work myself, do I need to supply a risk assessment and method statement?
- Where can I find a recommended contractor?
- Why do I have to pay and application fee?