Building and Developing
We know it can sometimes be confusing when you're trying to apply for the right connection because there are slight differences in our processes. We've split the most commonly asked questions into two sections - water and sewerage - to help you quickly find the answers to your questions you’re looking for.
- I am on a shared supply with my neighbour(s), can I separate it?
- Can I connect a new property to next door's water pipe?
- How much is it going to cost?
- Do I need to upgrade my existing supply?
- What are infrastructure charges and why do I have to pay them?
- What do I need to do if there are no mains nearby to connect to?
- What size connection do I need?
- Can I request a specific date for the connection?
- How do I arrange for my service pipe to be inspected?
- What is Traffic Management?
- Who can carry out work in third party land?
- What are infrastructure credits? How are they calculated?
- What is the difference between a foul sewer and a surface sewer
- Can I have a combined foul and surface water connection?
- How do I calculate my sewage flow rate?
- How much is it going to cost
- What is a soakway
- What is the difference between a direct and indirect connection?
- I have a manhole on my land, can I connect to it?
- What type of connection can I use to connect to a public sewer?
- Do STW do the connection?
- How will I know the location of the stop tap & meter?
- How do I know if there is a public sewer nearby to connect a new service to?
- Where can I find a recommended contractor?