Building and Developing
We know it can sometimes be confusing when you're trying to apply for the right connection because there are slight differences in our processes. We've split the most commonly asked questions into two sections - water and sewerage - to help you quickly find the answers to your questions you’re looking for.
- I am on a shared supply with my neighbour(s), can I separate it?
- Do I need to upgrade my existing supply?
- Can I connect a new property to next door's water pipe?
- Can I request a specific date for the connection?
- How much is it going to cost?
- What is a soil report and when do I need to supply one?
- What size connection do I need?
- Can I have the quote emailed or posted to me?
- How do I know if there is a main nearby to connect a new service to?
- Can I apply for a water and sewer connection at the same time?
- Can I send the signed agreement via email?
- Can I talk to someone before I submit and pay for my application?
- What is the difference between a foul sewer and a surface sewer
- How do I calculate my sewage flow rate?
- Can I have a combined foul and surface water connection?
- How much is it going to cost
- What is a soakway
- I am having a new bathroom/kitchen. What do I need to do?
- I have a manhole on my land, can I connect to it?
- What is the difference between a direct and indirect connection?
- How do I know which sewer I should connect to?
- How do I get the pipe work adopted?
- I am doing the work myself, do I need to supply a risk assessment and method statement?
- What type of connection can I use to connect to a public sewer?