Building and Developing
We know it can sometimes be confusing when you're trying to apply for the right connection because there are slight differences in our processes. We've split the most commonly asked questions into two sections - water and sewerage - to help you quickly find the answers to your questions you’re looking for.
- I am on a shared supply with my neighbour(s), can I separate it?
- I think I have a lead supply what shall I do?
- Can I connect a new property to next door's water pipe?
- Can I request a specific date for the connection?
- Do I need to upgrade my existing supply?
- How much is it going to cost?
- What is a soil report and when do I need to supply one?
- What size connection do I need?
- What are infrastructure charges and why do I have to pay them?
- What do I need to do if there are no mains nearby to connect to?
- What is Traffic Management?
- Who can carry out work in third party land?
- What is the difference between a foul sewer and a surface sewer
- Can I have a combined foul and surface water connection?
- How do I calculate my sewage flow rate?
- I have a manhole on my land, can I connect to it?
- What is a soakway
- How will I know the location of the stop tap & meter?
- What is the difference between a direct and indirect connection?
- How much is it going to cost
- How do I know which sewer I should connect to?
- What type of connection can I use to connect to a public sewer?
- Do STW do the connection?
- How do I get the pipe work adopted?