Wonderful on Tap
Coronavirus (Covid-19) update
With a national lockdown in England beginning on Thurday 5 November 2020, we've carefully followed the latest Government guidance to safely keep our visitor sites open.
However, each site has restrictions on facilities and services.
It’s really important to protect the safety and wellbeing of all our visitors, local communities and our teams, so we urge everyone to stay local, observe social distancing and follow the measures we've put in place.
Restrictions at our visitor sites
Some of the cafes are open for takeaway only, others are closed.
Catering outlets are closed at:
Catering outlets are takeaway only at:
- Upper Derwent Valley
- Staunton Harold
There is no fishing at:
Fishing is permitted, with restricitons, at:
The following restrictions apply to all our visitor sites:
- Car parks are open and charges apply
- Toilets are open. Please follow signage about maximum users and wear a face covering
- Sites will close if they become busy
- No sailing, watersports or cycle hire
- Visitor centres and bird hides are closed
If you plan to visit one of our sites, please make sure you:
- Check the restrictions in place before you travel to a site
- Keep a safe distance from others when visiting
- Only visit with other members of your household or your support bubble, or meet one other person as per government guidance
- Follow instructions on signage – it’s there to keep everyone safe
- Please do not enter the site if the car park is full, it means we're most likely at capacity
Search our locations
Upcoming events at our visitor sites
Drone usage and filming at our visitor sites
You will need to make an application to carry out any filming for commercial use. Making an application is easy, just fill out our filming application form (PDF) and email it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We also have more information in our filming at our visitor sites policy (PDF).
Drone usage: In the past, drone usage over our sites has been prohibited, however with the filming industry moving towards more and more drone usage, we acknowledge the importance of staying current. If you would like to make an application to film, please fill in the above form.
We assess all applications on a case by case basis.