Facts & figures
Looking for some quick stats on Severn Trent Water?
Here are some key facts and figures about us, and our performance.
- We have 4.3 million customer connections, and serve almost 8 million people
- We supply 1.8bn litres of drinking water each day which is the equivalent of 720 Olympic-sized swimming pools of drinking water every day. That’s also 75m litres of water every hour
- We collect around 32,000 litres of waste water a second, every day
- Our network of pipes is 46,000km long for water and 91,000km for sewers, which is enough pipes to go round the Earth almost three-and-a-half times
- That’s more water pipes than any other company in England and Wales; and
- The longest sewer network outside London
- Our customers have water 99.998% of the time
- Our drinking water is rated at 99.96% for quality
- We cleaned 1,500km of water pipes in the year to 31 March 2016
- We have to cater for the water and waste water needs of 12,500 new homes and businesses each year, which is the equivalent of building a city the size of Wolverhampton every seven years
- We’re the only water company to get a 4* rating from the Environment Agency two years out of the last three
Phone (expands content) (collapses content)