My Supply

Sewer pipe responsibility

There are two main sewer types - private and public. You're responsible for private sewers and we cover the public ones. There are also highway drains and gullies that are the local authorities responsiblity.

Sewer ownership diagram
What belongs to the council?

The Highways Authority (usually the county council) will be responsible for blocked highway drains or road gullies that are causing rainwater flooding. You can find a contact number for the Council Highways Department by searching online.

Is one of our sewers blocked? Let us know immediately.

If your query is urgent call our 24-hour Customer Centre on 0800 783 4444.

Phone (expands content) (collapses content)

Emergencies (24hrs)

0800 783 4444

Email (expands content) (collapses content)

Feel free to email us with any enquiries

Contact us
Languages (expands content) (collapses content)

Get help in your preferred language

Other languages