My Supply

Dealing with rats at your property

Rats can enter your property in several ways, including through the sewer network. We strive to ensure our sewers are in good condition and work with local councils across our region to control pests such as rats.

Who to contact

If you have rats at your property, contact your local council or find a pest control company in your area who will be able to help remove the animals and work out where they entered your property.

What to do if your council can’t help

If you’ve contacted your local council and they don’t offer pest control, get in touch with us and we can advise you on what to do next.

If the rats only affect your property, and haven’t gone in through our sewerage system, it will be your responsibility to resolve the situation.

In this case, we’ll advise you to speak to a pest control specialist to deal with the problem.  

Dealing with the rats yourself

If you choose to deal with the rats yourself, remember that you can be fined or imprisoned if you cause unnecessary harm to any animal.

Make sure you follow the government guidance on how to carry out pest control at your property.