My Supply

Sewer pipe responsibility

There are two main sewer types - private and public. You're responsible for private sewers and we cover the public ones. There are also highway drains and gullies that are the local authorities responsiblity.

Understanding sewer pipe responsibility

It’s important to understand who’s responsible for maintaining and repairing sewer pipes and drains, especially if something goes wrong.

If you'd like detailed information about the pipes and sewers in your area, you can request a sewer map from us.

Responsibility for highway drains

Severn Trent are not responsible for blocked highway drains. You should report blocked highway drains to the relevant local authority - usually your county council. They are responsible for highway drainage and road gullies.