Help and Contact

Who is responsible for the sewer/drain on my property?

Responsibilities for sewers and drains changed in October 2011.

The pipe work and connecting drains from the property to the sewer or lateral drain within the boundary are the responsibility of the property owner - unless other properties drain through it.

All sewers outside of your property boundaries and any sewers shared with another property are our responsibility.

This diagram shows how drains can be set up.

For more information visit our responsibility for sewer pipes page.

Phone (expands content) (collapses content)

Emergencies (24hrs)

0800 783 4444

Billing Enquiries

0345 750 0500

Email (expands content) (collapses content)

Feel free to email us with any enquiries

Contact us
Languages (expands content) (collapses content)

Get help in your preferred language

Other languages