Building and Developing

muddy boots
Other developments
If your planned development requires a water main or sewer to be diverted, download our diversion application forms to keep your plans on track.


If you require a disconnection at your property, here’s some information for you to find out more.

What is a permanent disconnection?

Your site may require a permanent disconnection. This is free - all we have to do is disconnect on the public boundary. So if you ever need the supply again, you’ll need to pay to replace the pipework, plus our normal new connection charges.

Things to bear in mind:

If your water supply also serves another customer’s property, then we might have to separate the existing supply first, and you would need to pay for this. In these cases, we normally do a site survey to estimate the amount of work and the costs. You can apply online to separate a shared supply if this is what's needed.

If you have any questions about disconnections you can email us at or call us on 03457 500 500

If the property is still occupied, we can’t disconnect the water supply. If this is the case, please let us know when the property will be empty.

The registered owner needs to give us authorisation for a permanent disconnection. If the person who fills out the form isn’t the registered owner, but you want a permanent disconnection, please include written authorisation from the owner.

After we’ve disconnected your water supply, surface water drainage charges for commercial properties might still need to be paid. This is because although the property is empty and no water will be used, it will still benefit from surface water drainage (removal of rainwater), which we provide. This has been approved by Ofwat.



To request a disconnection fill out form below