Building and Developing

muddy boots
Other developments
All the key information you need to apply for a new sewer connection for your flats and apartments.

Agricultural Supply

From 1st April, the water retail market for business customers is changing, customers have the freedom to choose who provides their retail services such as billing.

Where the property to be connected is for a non-household customer, you will need to choose a retailer before connection.  If you do not choose a retailer, then one will be allocated. Show Homes, temporary building supplies and site welfare facilities are eligible to switch between retailers, and although these connections are temporary, they still need a retailer.  For more information on the changes and advice on how to choose a retailer, please visit the Open Water website.


If you need a new water supply for a trough in a field for agricultural purposes you need to apply for a standard water connection. You are responsible for laying a service pipe in private land down to the nearest existing water main for us to connect to. Once you have applied we may arrange a site visit and we’ll confirm where you should lay the service pipe to. We’ll send you the connection costs for the work within the public highway. A water meter will be installed at the point of connection in an external boundary box and you’ll receive an
individual bill/account for this trough supply.

This follows the same process as applying for a connection to a new house. No sewer connection is required.

It is possible to take a trough supply from an existing metered supply. For example, you can put in troughs from the existing metered supply to a farmhouse, but this cannot be billed separately.  

These are the high level process steps for a new connection for an Agricultural supply.

Find out more how to get connected to an existing water main

Find out more on how to get connected to existing water mains by reading our detailed step-by step process and things you need to know before you apply.

Have you got more questions?

We've put together some commonly asked questions. If you've got more questions, then visit our FAQ page.

Get in touch with us

You can call us on 0800 707 6600 or you can email us.