Building and Developing
New water and sewer connections
All you need to know about getting connected to our water and waste networks.
When you need a new water or sewer connection
You will need to apply for a new connection if you, or your developers, are working on a project that involves:
- converting a building into many homes, such as a house into flats
- converting a barn into a home
- building new commercial premises
- renovating a building
- changing the use of a property.
You will also have to apply for a new connection if any of the following is true:
- Your Severn Trent account is in arrears
- We have no occupier account for the property
- Our pipe connecting your property to our network has an outer diameter of over 25mm
- You need to connect to our network in a new location
- The property is not linked to an existing Severn Trent account
- The property is not occupied
Compulsory applications for new sewer connections
You must apply for a new sewer connection if you are:
- making changes to our existing sewer connection
- changing sewer flows
- using an existing connection.
You can't connect to a public sewer without our approval.
Tell us about alterations to your property
You need to tell us about any change of use at your property which affects your existing bill.
Get in touch
Call us: 0800 707 6600