Building and Developing
New water and sewer connections
All you need to know about getting connected to our water and waste networks.
You will need to apply for a new connection if you, or your developers, are working on a project that involves:
- converting a building into many homes, such as a house into flats
- converting a barn into a home
- building new commercial premises
- renovating a building
- changing the use of a property.
You will also have to apply for a new connection if any of the following is true:
- Your Severn Trent account is in arrears
- We have no occupier account for the property
- Our pipe connecting your property to our network has an outer diameter of over 25mm
- You need to connect to our network in a new location
- The property is not linked to an existing Severn Trent account
- The property is not occupied
You must apply for a new sewer connection if you are:
- making changes to our existing sewer connection
- changing sewer flows
- using an existing connection.
You can't connect to a public sewer without our approval.
You need to.tell us about any change of use at your property which affects your existing bill.
Get in touch
Call us: 0800 707 6600