Building and Developing

What is a soil report and when do I need to supply one?

Soil report

The ground you're developing may have become contaminated by the previous use of the land. This may affect the pipe material and could contaminate your water supply and our network. If the site has previously been used for anything other than Greenfield you need to submit a soil report (also known as a ground investigation report) as part of your application. We'll assess this and determine if you're required to lay your service pipe in an approved, protective material.
If you are applying for a new water main, then a soil report will need to be submitted with your application regardless of site history.

If you're going to be using barrier pipe anyway, please state this on the application and you won't need to submit a soil report.