Building and Developing

Can I connect a new property to next door's water pipe?


No. Section 64 of the Water Industry Act 1991 requires separately occupied properties to be supplied by a separate service pipe. You're responsible for installing and maintaining the service pipe from your house to the boundary with the public highway.Water supply connections for domestic water purposes are provided under section 45 of the Water Industry Act 1991, as amended by the 2003 Act.

Phone (expands content) (collapses content)

Emergencies (24hrs)

0800 783 4444

Billing Enquiries

0345 750 0500

Email (expands content) (collapses content)

Feel free to email us with any enquiries

Contact us
Languages (expands content) (collapses content)

Get help in your preferred language

Other languages