Building and Developing

I have a public sewer on the site of my development, what do I need to do?

Public sewer

If you have a Severn Trent Water owned water main or a public sewer running across your land where you are proposing your new development you may need to divert it. You can obtain a copy of our records by requesting our records

Following the private drains and sewers act and the change in ownership of these sewers they may not yet be updated on our records if you're unsure a sewer has transferred please see this.

Building close to or over a public sewer without getting our formal approval is illegal and it may also jeopardise the future sale of your property. We prefer to avoid the need to build over or close to a sewer by repositioning the proposed development or diverting the sewer. 

For more info see our build over page.

Phone (expands content) (collapses content)

Emergencies (24hrs)

0800 783 4444

Email (expands content) (collapses content)

Feel free to email us with any enquiries

Contact us
Languages (expands content) (collapses content)

Get help in your preferred language

Other languages