Building and Developing
What is a form 4?
A Form 4 is a notification to start connecting service pipes which a SLP must use to tell STW information about each property it intends to make a service connection to. This notification must be sent to STW 10 days before starting to make any connections, or 5 working days if a STW Watermark, or equivalent scheme, approved plumber has completed the work.
STW expect the minimum information for each plot to be completed on a Form 4:
- the STW reference number(s)
- the plot numbers which are ready for inspection
- the postal address of each plot
- the date the plots will be ready for inspection
- the name/organisation who is going to install the meters
- confirmation that service connections have been paid for
- confirmation of pipe size
- confirmation of meter size needed
- confirmation of connection to an on-site or off-site main
An incomplete Form 4 will be returned to the SLP.
Was this helpful?