Have you ever wondered what happens inside a sewage treatment works, or how we clean water to the highest quality standard?
At our education centres in Cheltenham and Derby, we offer the opportunity to visit a sewage treatment works for a pre-booked, half day tour. Tours are free of charge for schools and community groups within our region. All we ask in return for the visit is that you provide us with feedback and that you use water wisely and help us look after your waste water.
Please be aware that site visits are very limited and we may not be able to provide this service at the time your require it, as an alternative please consider our Outreach sessions.
The site tours are run by our education co-ordinators who will discuss each group's needs prior to confirming the booking. This is to ensure that our strict health and safety codes are adhered to and that any special needs of our visitors are catered for.
Criteria for site visits
- Visitors to operational sites must be Severn Trent Water customers (we can help you access your local water company if you are not a customer).
- Visits to operational sites are restricted to those aged over seven years.
- For safety reasons, a particular dress code and adult child ratio of 1:8 is required for visits to operational sites.
- Pre-booking is required for operational site tours or group visits to Visitor Centres.
- Minimum of 20/maximum of 32 children with four attending adults for operational site tours.
- Due to the large number of requests we receive, we may have to prioritise bookings.